March 18, 2020 AP Update

Over the past week we have been working on a dozen ideas on how we could open our doors for sailing on April 1st. The reality of the situation is that it would not be in our community’s best interest to do so. Our mission is “Sailing for All!” but we can’t honestly deliver that under the current circumstances. Following Governor Baker’s guidance on “assemblages of more than 25 people” we are postponing opening until April 6th unless further extended.

This is a very fluid situation, we will continue to stay up to date with CDC, State, and Federal guidelines and implement recommended actions as needed. The following are current steps CBI is taking:

  • Community Boating facilities are closed to the public. CBI directors are working remotely and responding to emails left at [email protected]
  • All meetings held at the boathouse are either cancelled, postponed, or happening via conference calls
  • All events, classes, and work parties between 3/18/2020-4/5/2020 are cancelled
  • Universal Access Program appointments are cancelled until further notice
  • Opening Day is postponed until April 6th. See our website for updates.

Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. We hope to see everyone on the water soon.