Boat and Equipment Donations:
CBI accepts donations of boats (including sailboats, power boats, kayaks and windsurfers) and equipment to benefit our programs. Donations may be tax deductible.
For more information about donating in-kind to CBI please contact Charlie Zechel, Executive Director, at or 617-523-1038 ext. 12.
Here are several items we ALWAYS NEED for our maintenance staff and equipment:
• Yogurt containers, washed
• Old cotton t-shirts
• Laundry detergent bottles, washed with caps included
• Red or Green yarn
• Magnetic tape (from old cassette tapes)
Please feel free to drop these off at our Front Office and let them know that they are in-kind donations.
Here are other items we would greatly appreciate:
• Pictures and videos of Community Boating (especially photographs of the Community Boating boathouse and dock, with programming in action AND/OR Boston/Back Bay in the background)
• LCD Projector
• Working laptop or netbook
• Flat screen TV monitors and mounting unit
• Promotional/Trade-show equipment – banner, backdrop, tablecloth
• New Type 3 USCG approved life jackets
• 420 sailboats
• Bic Techno series windsurf boards
• Windsurf harnesses
• Stand-up Paddle boards
• Laser sailboats
• Sonar sailboat
• Mercury Keel sailboats
• Working handheld VHF radios
• Set of 10-15 Meeting Room chairs
• Office chairs/desks/filing cabinets/shelving units
• Vanguard 15 sailboats
• Sails for Lasers, 420s, windsurfs, etc.
• Trapeze harnesses
• Plastic Connect-A-Dock