Front Desk & Delivery Hours
In the off season, we are generally available for deliveries and phone calls on weekdays from 9am-3pm.
Junior Summer Program
Universal Access Program
Map & Directions
The easiest way to get to Community Boating is via public transportation; we are conveniently located a short walk from the Red Line. There is no vehicle access at the boathouse, but discounted parking on Charles Circle is available on evenings and weekends. Vehicle drop-off is also available on or near Charles Circle, including the 15-minute zone in front of CVS.
- Take the Red Line to Charles/MGH Station.
- Come through the turnstiles and make a left toward CVS.
- Cross the road, going through both traffic lights, and make a right to cross over Charles Street.
- Bear right, crossing David Mugar Way and take the footbridge over Storrow Drive towards the Charles River.
- At the end of the ramp bear right at the fork.
- Make a right on the esplanade path and Community Boating will be about 200 feet immediately to your left.
If coming from the north or south, take the Red Line to Charles/MGH Station. When you exit the station, cross Cambridge Street to your left toward the CVS, then cross Charles Street immediately to your right. You will see the Fanny Appleton footbridge straight ahead and to the right. As you cross over the footbridge towards the Esplanade, you will see the Community Boating boathouse to your left. At the bottom of the ramp, bear right towards Community Boating. (Est. walk time: 5-7 minutes)
Only authorized vehicles are allowed on the esplanade!
Parking is available at the LAZ parking lot located next to the Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary (MEEI) and adjacent to the Red Line Charles/MGH circle from 5PM to 10PM on weekdays and 6AM to 10PM on weekends. Purchase parking validation at CBI’s Front Desk during operating hours: $9 with presentation of parking ticket, time stamped within times listed above.
- Enter the Charles Street rotary following signs for Storrow Drive West. You will see the on-ramp for Storrow Drive West
- Do not go up the ramp, but instead look to the left for a large blue sign that says “LAZ PARKING”
- Walk out of the parking lot the same way you came in, heading towards Charles Street
- Cross under the train station, and to the right you will see a footbridge
- Take the footbridge over Storrow Drive and towards the Charles River
- At the end of the ramp bear right at the fork
- Make a right on the esplanade path and Community Boating will be about 200 feet immediately to your left
Follow signs for Downtown Boston/Government Center across the Charles River via the Longfellow Bridge to the stop lights in Boston. Enter the Charles Street rotary and follow directions in Parking, above.
Take I-93 into Boston. Take the Storrow Drive West Exit off I-93. Take your first left exit off Storrow Drive (for Government Center). Enter the Charles Street rotary and follow directions in Parking, above.
While on Storrow Drive eastbound, follow signs for Downtown Boston. After passing the Hatch Shell on your left (the large half dome), take the right exit off Storrow Drive for Government Center. Enter the Charles Street rotary and follow directions in Parking, above.
Boathouse Address (only authorized vehicles on the Esplanade)
21 David G. Mugar Way Boston, MA 02114
The GPS coordinates for the boathouse are:
Degrees-Minutes: 42° 21.59′ N, 71° 04.39′ W
Decimal Degrees Latitude, Longitude: 42.3599, -71.0730