Membership sales have once again reopened! Keep in mind that classes are still quite full. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please always make an informed decision prior to purchasing a membership by reviewing our class schedule here.
The Junior Summer Membership once again entails full access to our entire summer of program offerings. This means that there is no limit on the number of classes a Junior can take. Again, many classes are full, so no guarantees are made regarding class availability.
Independent Sailing and Paddling Practice (also known and Free or Open Sailing/Paddling) is now open and unrestricted. Kids in Beginner Classes can take out a kayak or stand-up paddleboard outside of class by signing out at the Hiper dock. Similarly, kids who have progressed beyond Beginner Classes can take out a sailboat.
If you have already purchased a membership and are having difficulty registering for a Beginner Sailing Class, please get in touch with our Front Office staff at [email protected]. We will do our best to assist you as you register for classes. If your Junior has prior experience, please email JP Director Fiona O’Connor directly at [email protected]
Here’s a rundown of current policies:
- The minimum age required to join the program has returned to 10
- Class sizes have returned to their 2019 levels
- Kids have unlimited access to class sign ups, dependent on availability.
- Kids will have unrestricted access to the dock during Junior Program hours. Indoor access will continue to be restricted.
- The Instructor-in-Training program operates as normal.
- Independent Sailing/Paddling Practice (open sailing) operates as normal.
Please keep an eye out for future updates on our website, JP Basin Breezes and social media.