Tiller Club is a community of CBI sailors with the goal to promote racing at all levels.
What: We run seasonal racing series, trophy regattas, single-handed events, and races in keelboats and dinghies, in boats provided by CBI.
Who: Skippers with knowledge of the Racing Rules of Sailing and the Tiller Club Sailing Instructions. Novice and experienced crews welcome. Come with a teammate, or connect with one at CBI (two sailors per boat unless specified).
When: Sunday mornings ~09:30 to rig/register before 10:15 competitors’ meeting. No race starts after 13:30 on series days, or 14:30 for trophy events. See schedule for details.
Where: CBI main dock, rain or shine.
Cost: $5 per boat to cover trophies and administrative expenses.
Come down on race day! We can often connect you with an experienced skipper and get you racing on day one. Arrive ~09:30 and let us know you’re looking to race; we’re easy to find as we’re often the only group there so early!
- Learn To Race class series for new racers, or those needing a refresher
- get your Tiller Club rating by completing a test on the racing rules of sailing (CBI membership required)
- regular, experienced participants are expected to assist with Race Committee occasionally; we’re volunteer driven
- Like our Facebook page for weekly results, photos, etc.
- Sign up for our Tiller Club Google Group for important updates or to connect with skipper/crew
- With questions, email [email protected]
- intermediate & advanced racers: CBI hosts offer a series of practices to sharpen your skills
Tiller Club Executive Board 2020
Commodore: Marcelo Pereira
Vice Commodore: Robin Weatherill
Steward: Cole Constantineau
Members at Large: Janne Nappe, Matt Hebert, Alisha Reppucci, Steve Albertelli