Tiller Club is a community of CBI sailors with the goal to promote racing at all levels.
What: We run seasonal racing series, trophy regattas, single-handed events, and races in keelboats and dinghies, in boats provided by CBI.
Who: Skippers with knowledge of the Racing Rules of Sailing and the Tiller Club Sailing Instructions. Novice and experienced crews welcome. Come with a teammate, or connect with one at CBI (two sailors per boat unless specified). We ask regular skippers to get their Racing Skipper rating by taking a brief online test on the racing rules. Email [email protected] to request the test.
When: Sunday mornings. Rigging and registration 9:45-10:10am, skipper’s meeting 10:15, first race starts at 11am (you should be on the racing course at that time). Series days: no race starts after 1pm; no lunch break, no boat rotation. Regatta days: no race starts after 2:30; short break for lunch and boat rotation. See schedule for details.
Cost: $5 per boat to cover trophies and administrative expenses.
Come down on race day with your teammate. Arrive by 9:45am, rig your boat and register before the 10:15am Skippers Meeting. Racing starts promptly at 11am.
- Learn To Race class series for new racers, or those needing a refresher
- get your Tiller Club rating by completing a test on the racing rules of sailing (CBI membership required)
- regular, experienced participants are expected to assist with Race Committee occasionally; we’re volunteer driven
- Like our Facebook page for weekly results, photos, etc.
- Sign up for our Tiller Club Google Group for important updates or to connect with skipper/crew
- With questions or to request a link to the online Racing Skipper test, email [email protected]
- intermediate & advanced racers: CBI hosts offer a series of practices to sharpen your skills
Tiller Club Executive Board 2021
Commodore: Marcelo Pereira
Vice Commodore: Robin Weatherill
Steward: Cole Constantineau
Members at Large: David Chudzicki, Kathryn Commons, Matt Hebert, and Alisha Reppucci