Community Boating offers the best, simplest, and safest kayak and stand-up-paddleboard rentals in the heart of Boston just a quick paddle from the beautiful and serene Charles River lagoon.
All one-day kayak (single or double) and stand-up-paddleboard rentals are available for $45 are on a first-come, first-served basis during the Adult Program operating hours. All boats must return to the dock 30 minutes before sunset; today the sunset in Boston is at .
- Rentals are a flat rate of $45 for the day, there are no hourly rates.
- Our kayaks are sit on top kayaks. You WILL get wet.
- We offer FREE day use lockers on our dock. You can either bring your own lock or purchase a $10 keyed lock from our front desk.
- No rentals are available on July 3rd and 4th.
- Paddling is limited to the basin between the Mass Ave. bridge and the Longfellow bridge.
- Lifejackets are provided and must be worn at all times
- See below table for children under 18 paddling:
Safety is Community Boating’s top concern. Our dockmaster-on-duty may set additional restrictions for watercraft based on the weather conditions, powerboat boat traffic, special events, incidents, etc. In heavy winds, CBI may restrict kayaks and stand-up-paddleboards to sheltered areas of the river, or may suspend rentals entirely. All on-the-water activities are suspended during severe thunderstorm or tornado warnings and for 30 minutes after the last lightning strike is observed. Every effort is made to ensure that all persons on the water are safely returned to the dock in advance of any thunderstorms.