Volunteer Code of Conduct
The volunteer code of conduct is an excerpt from the Adult Program Member Handbook that governs volunteering at CBI.
- I agree that as a volunteer at Community Boating, Inc. (CBI) I will uphold the mission rules, policies, and regulations of CBI as a role model to others. I understand that as a volunteer, I am a representative of CBI and as such I agree to carry out the directives of the organization as prescribed by the Board of Directors and CBI Management.
- I agree to operate within the scope of the role for which I volunteered. I understand that CBI provides resources to support my volunteer role and that these resources are not for external or personal use. I will use CBI property only for its intended purposes. I will present best practices using CBI approved teaching materials,
- I will maintain a professional attitude when providing instruction. I understand my role in providing a safe, fair and welcoming environment for all. I will speak respectfully of CBI, staff, programs, volunteers, and members. I will use courteous language and tone while interacting with others. I will strive to ensure that my language and behavior are not offensive to others. I will strive to act with respect, common courtesy, acceptable language and behavior, and civility toward others. I will endeavor to understand and respect the individual needs and sovereignty of my fellow sailors at CBI. I understand and acknowledge that discrimination of any kind while acting in a volunteer capacity will not be tolerated.
- I understand that l will be asked to work collaboratively in my role as a volunteer. To this end, I will be considerate of other Volunteer Instructors and will work to correct any problems that may arise in my classes.
- I acknowledge that the volunteer schedule is binding. I will be present for my scheduled volunteering commitment unless explicitly canceled by CBI.
- I understand and acknowledge that violation of this code of conduct may result in actions against my volunteer privileges, and/or CBI membership. Actions taken by CBI may include verbal warnings, written warnings, suspension of volunteer privileges, suspension of CBI membership, termination of volunteer privileges, and/or termination of CBI membership.
This version was retrieved from the 2023 edition of the member handbook.